Download our Be a Home Care Detective Fact Sheet
How does Partners in Senior Care exceed the minimum standard for training?
- 4 Hour Pre-Employment Screening - Caregivers must pass tests on Universal Precautions, HIPPA & must pass a Home Services Worker Competency Exam. Caregivers must also pass a comprehensive in-person interview with a member of the clinical staff.
- 8 Hours of Comprehensive Training upon hire and prior to placement in a home. This training includes classroom instruction and competency testing through written exams and return demonstration on transferring, personal care, professionalism, & confidentiality.
- 12 hours of Continuing Education Annually
What are the minimum standards for training set for by IDPH?
- 4 hours of training prior to employment plus 4 additional hours within the first 90 Days.
- 8 hours of Continuing Education Annually
How does Partners in Senior Care exceed the minimum standard for supervision?
- Clients receiving greater than 40 Service Hours per week, are visited in the home twice per month. Clients receiving less than 40 Service Hours per week are visited in the home once per month.
- Supervision is performed by a Professional Geriatric Care Manager.
What are the minimum standards for supervision set for by IDPH?
- Every Client must be visited in the home every 90 Days
- Supervision can be preformed by any Qualified Agency Personnel
What else sets Partners in Senior Care apart from other home care agencies?
Peace of Mind
- We create an individualized plan of care for our clients
- We employ (issue W-2’s) 100% of our workforce ~ our caregivers, Geriatric Care Managers (GCM), and administrative staff are all employees.
- We maintain 24/7 on-call coverage. Someone from our office answers the phone not an answering service. Additionally, there is a GCM and RN on call every night and weekend.
- We maintain Workers’ Compensation coverage.
- We carry liability insurance.
- We complete a Criminal Background, reference checks, & drug testing on all of our employees.