It’s More Than a List:
Understanding the New Home Care Licensure Law
Keeping Frequent Flyers Grounded:
Utilizing Geriatric Care Managers to Reduce ER Visits and Re-Hospitalizations
Need a Speaker for your Senior Group, Support Group or Women's Club?
Partners in Senior Care can provide a speaker for these topics:
- Let's Talk: What the Kids Need to Know - Discusses the importance of sharing medical, financial & legal information with your children. Provides participants with an easy to complete Care Connector Workbook that will facilitate the conversations they need to have.
- Navigating the Journey of Life - Discusses how to successfully age. How to anticipate common roadblocks in the aging process and plan in advance how to avoid or minimize these potential detours on the journey.
- Geriatric Care Managers: Navigators of the New Aging Journey - Can be geared either to a professional or lay audience. Discusses how aging has changed in the past 50 years and how utilization of professional services can assist seniors and their families on the aging journey.
- Healthy Eating After 50 - Healthy eating and regular physical activity are keys to good health at any age. They may lower your risk for obesity, type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, cancer, and other chronic diseases. They may even help ward off depression and keep your mind sharp as you age. This talk offers tips and tools to help people aged 50 and over eat healthfully and be physically active.
- "I want my life back!"~ The sandwich generation is becoming the "panini" generation ~ fried & grilled! As adult children we love our parents and want to assist them as they age, so why are we beginning to resent it? Trisha Menoni has helped hundreds of seniors as they age, but the most difficult senior she assisted was her own mother until Trisha started applying the same professional methods she used with her clients to the care of her Mom. This program will give you tips to manage healthcare, help you “let go” of what is out of your control and ways to involve all siblings (even the one in California) in the caregiving process.
- Medication Safety ~ 67% of Americans over the age of 50 take an average of 4 prescription drugs every day. What they don’t know could hurt them. This program presents 10 simple tips to follow to help ensure that you know the what, why & how of taking your medications properly.
- The Alphabet Soup of Senior Living…IL, ALF, CCRC ~ explanation of the pros and cons of different senior facilities, includes worksheets for evaluating choices, can be geared for the senior making their own decision or the adult child faced with the possibility of choosing the right option for a parent
- Making Informed Decisions in Senior Care
- Remaining Independent at Home
- Emergency Planning for Older Adults
- Online Health Information: Can you trust it? & Spotting Health Scams
- Taking Care of YOU: Care for Caregivers
- Aging and Your Eyes
- Blood Pressure Explained
Please contact Angie Landmesser at 847-548-1330 for more information or to arrange a speaker.