Geriatric Care Manager Retainer Program
The Geriatric Care Manager Retainer Program is a unique service offered to families, trust officers and guardians. It is designed for those that do not need the services of a Geriatric Care Manager in the traditional sense, but would like the peace of mind that a medical professional is available to intervene in the time of crisis.
This crisis could be when a senior living in a facility is unexpectedly admitted to the hospital and the out of town adult children need an immediate liaison to assess and evaluate the situation. Nursing Homes and Assisted Living arrangements do not have the additional staff to accompany residents to the hospital to perform this service. Partners in Senior Care, Inc. have a Geriatric Care Manager on call 24 hours a day/7 days a week to immediately respond to this situation. The family, trust officer or guardian would simply notify the agency and the Care Manager would go to the hospital and act as the client’s liaison to assess and evaluate the situation. The Care Manager would remain with the senior as necessary for reassurance and comfort, as well as communicate with the family, trust officer or guardian regarding the evaluation of the crisis event. The Care Manager can also arrange for additional services based on the wishes of the family, trust officer or guardian.
The Geriatric Care Manager Retainer Program includes:
• an assessment of the client, including medical history
• review and explanation of Advance Directives
• explanation of the client’s rights and responsibilities
The client/representative agrees to:
• provide list of pertinent contact names, address and phone numbers
• provide authorization for release of information
• notify Partners in Senior Care, Inc. of any changes in the above information
Partners in Senior Care, Inc. will:
• quarterly send letters to client/representative requesting verification of contact information
• meet with client/representative annually to review client status
Call Jennifer at 847-548-1330 to arrange a complimentary meeting with a Geriatric Care Manager.